Call 3123 6668
Domestic and Commercial
All work guaranteed
Professional Service. Quality Workmanship.
Great Rates. Servicing Brisbane Northside
Electrician Brisbane Northside - For all your electrical work
1. LED lighting is the buzzword of the moment, and it is touted as the environmental saving giant of the modern lighting industry. When it comes to creating a greener home that has a smaller carbon footprint, one of the easiest steps is to switch to LED lighting in Brisbane.
But what are the advantages?
2. Electricians in Brisbane recommend installing an LED lighting upgrade in the home, as these lights shine brighter while still requiring less energy – up to 75% less energy – as well as less lighting installations to provide sufficient lighting. LED lights also do not flicker as with incandescent or fluorescent bulbs, but instead they provide a continuous stream of light that is easier on the eyes and can reduce strain for those who are sensitive.
3. The advent of LED lighting has also enhanced electrical safety for users. The bulbs do not contain any harmful substances, as with fluorescent lights that rely on a chemical reaction to function. Due to the way that LED lights are constructed and because they require no heat to generate light, there is a significantly reduced risk of fire as well as making the lights safer to touch while switched on.
4. The soft blue glow of an LED light is also in line with modern décor trends, where clean subdued hues and lighting that enhances these cooler tones are the most desired looks. Gone are the days of yellow glows from a multitude of lamps strewn about a room with just enough light to stop toe bumps in the dark – instead rooms are minimal with light sources used creatively instead of functionally. These lights are also easier on plant life, providing only light instead of heat which carries the potential of harming a plant’s growth.
The average incandescent bulb can burn for an average of 1,000 hours before popping out of existence with a broken filament, whereas LED lighting boasts a lifespan of up to 80,000 hours.
5. The lights also do not rely on heat to generate any illumination; instead they burn bright using an electric arc travelling between two electrodes. This process is also where they get the name LED light from, as LED stands for Light Emitting Diode.
LED lighting is available in a large variety of styles, meaning that almost any part of the home can benefit from an LED lighting upgrade. Imagine LED downlights in your Brisbane based home, or LED strip lighting elegantly guiding you down a hallways at night. Security can even be enhanced with a set of LED flood lights – ensuring that no shady characters are sneaking about the backyard.
If you want your home lit up brighter than the Eifel Tower on a clear night, reach out to our electricians in Brisbane Northside to find out about installing or upgrading your home to an LED lighting friendly environment. Simply complete our online form and one of our electrical consultants in Brisbane will contact you to discuss the options available.
Who can I ask about LED lighting for my home in Birsbane Northside?