Call 3123 6668
Domestic and Commercial
All work guaranteed
Professional Service. Quality Workmanship.
Great Rates. Servicing Brisbane North and South sides
Electrician Brisbane Northside. Shop fit out
Electrical Shop Fit out
1. No matter how many sequins there may on a retail shop’s prize piece of stock on the floor, without proper lighting to guide customers to it, it may as well be a tablecloth with glitter spilled on it. As any retailer knows, the customer experience comes first when designing the layout and lighting of a shop. This means that customers need to feel welcome, and the shop itself needs to dazzle enough to lure them in, but not so much that it blinds them with its opulent iridescence.
2. So what is the balance when it comes to proper retails shop fit outs and lighting? The answer is that it should showcase products, while also building and enhancing the ambience of the shop itself. Lighting designers in Brisbane agree that good retail lighting can be directly linked to an increase in sales, therefore justifying the cost of a shop front makeover. These lighting designers often work with reputable Brisbane electricians, who are able to make each shop a unique experience with well-placed lamps, lights and even decorative pieces – think a store name, tastefully illuminated with ambient backlighting.
3. Electricians in Brisbane Northside suggest that a good retail shop fit out has a healthy balance of ambient, task, accent and decorative light fittings. Now, these terms may sound foreign but each performs a function in an overall architectural lighting design. Ambient lighting is used to set the tone of the store whether bright and airy or dimmed and inviting. With task lighting, choice product displays can be highlighted with clever spotlighting, and accent lighting performs a similar but in a much subtler tone. Lastly decorative lighting allows for the personality of the retail to come to the forefront and tie the entire lighting design together.
4. Imagine a jewelry store with soft lighting, and diamonds sparkling under accent and task lighting and in the middle a chandelier that mirrors the diamonds on the display. No more having to explain the beauty of your product, when your lighting and retail shop fit out can do that for you!
The comfort of the client should also be considered when investing in a retail shop fit out. While a hundred bulbs may create a striking interior, the heat from so many bulbs can make for a sticky and uncomfortable shopping experience, especially when selling clothes that require a fitting room. Having a Brisbane electrical contractor install dimmer switches may help build the atmosphere with a reduced heat put-out, although they may even put forth more cost effective solutions such as LED lighting.
5. Lastly, a well versed Brisbane electrician can also assist with setting up a security system in the store, as well as taking care of audio and visual installations such a screens or an intercom system to communicate with other departments.
If you are on the lookout for a commercial lighting expert to assist with your retail shop fit our, give Electricians Brisbane Northside a call to discuss your ideas and needs.
Alternatively, complete our online form and one of our electricians will be in touch.