Call 3123 6668
Domestic and Commercial
All work guaranteed
Professional Service. Quality Workmanship.
Great Rates. Servicing Brisbane North and South sides
Electrician Brisbane Northside - For all your electrical work
Building Management Systems
1. As a building manager or owner in the corporate sector, it is not enough to keep every light lit and lock up at the end of the day. There is a myriad of small tasks in involved in keeping a building up to code and energy efficient. Though this task may seem a mammoth one at first, the advent of building management systems has changed the game in this regard.
2. So what is a building management system? To put it simply, it is a system that is installed to help control and monitor the mechanical or electrical equipment in a building. This can include air-conditioning, temperature control, lights, as well as fire and security systems. Building management systems are typically installed by electricians in Birsbane Northside for buildings with a lot of HVAC and electrical systems. For extremely large building a building management system can even be housed in a room where all aspects can be controlled.
3. What can a building management system do for me?
If building management systems are installed correctly by professional commercial electricians, Brisbane building owners may see up to a 40% reduction in their energy usage. This is because the system helps to regulate energy consumption through automated systems such as automatically switching off lights and regulating the temperature inside a building. It can also cater to the megalomaniac within through the installation of intercom systems – allowing for instant communication between various sectors of the building, or to make embarrassing birthday announcements.
4. These systems are also extremely beneficial for security monitoring in Brisbane based buildings. Through the installation of CCTV cameras, Brisbane building managers are able see what is happening in various parts of the building from these security cameras – so no more late night practicing of your moonwalk, or sneaking in past hours to load up on free stationery! It can also be used to monitor and install security systems, which means that the security systems for the entire building can be activated conveniently. Secondly, the building management system can also be connected to elevators as well as fire alarm systems in order to monitor their operation. This is information can be used when building safety needs to be assessed and to ensure that the building meets the legal requirements when it comes to fire and electrical safety.
5. When it comes to collecting data about the electrical systems in your building, a building management system is essential. Not only does it provide a near universal access to your systems, it can also be used to detect potential faults and prevent serious electrical failures in future. It can also provide control over the temperature in the entire building, allowing for uniform environmental control. This can be done through the installation of a split system air conditioner or ducted air conditioning.
If your building is in need of a building management system, reach out to us at Electrician Brisbane Northside. Simply complete our online form and we will call you back to discuss your electrical work needs in Brisbane. We can also be reached via telephone if preferred.